Young Artist Program is:
A rigorous seven-week chamber music program for pre-professional violinists, violists, cellists and pianists 18 years of age or older. The young artists have the opportunity to study four pieces in depth which are performed in two series of Young Artist Concerts.
2017 YOUNG ARTISTS
- Violin: David Bowlin, Ronald Copes, Joel Smirnoff, Laurie Smukler, Axel Strauss
- Viola: Doris Lederer, Katherine Murdock, Ira Weller
- Cello: Jerry Grossman, Dmitry Kouzov, Joel Krosnick, Barbara Mallow,
- Piano: Jane Coop, Qing Jiang, Ieva Jokubaviciute, Robert McDonald, Matti Raekaillo
Kneisel Hall was the purest music making process I have ever had the pleasure of enjoying. Students and faculty work together to create and explore art, learning from each other and inspiring each other in the tranquility of nature. I had a life-changing summer at Kneisel Hall for every possible reason.Carter Coleman
APPLICATION INFORMATION FOR YOUNG ARTIST PROGRAM
Applications closed for summer 2017
Applications for summer 2018 open October 1, 2017 (Deadline February 1, 2018)
- (video preferred) two solo works (movements) of contrasting styles; these can include concerti with orchestra or piano reduction, sonatas with piano, unaccompanied Bach, contemporary or show pieces. Works that include accompaniment should be recorded with that material
Students who wish to attend must be at least 18 years of age by June 15.