Young Artist Chamber Music Program is:
- A rigorous seven-week chamber music program for fifty international pre-professional young artists (20 violinists, 9 violists, 14 cellists and 7 pianists) 18 years of age or older.
- The summer is divided in two sessions.
The summer is divided in two sessions. June 25 – July 18 and July 20 – August 13
- Each session the young artists participate in daily rehearsals, receive coaching, and attend master classes and concerts, studying in depth and to perform two chamber works during the festival’s public Young Artist Concerts.
The small faculty, drawn from major conservatories and universities, work closely with the young artists, overseeing morning rehearsals, coaching ensembles in the afternoons and presenting weekly Festival Concerts on Friday evening and Sunday afternoon.
- Violin: David Bowlin, Ronald Copes, Joel Smirnoff, Laurie Smukler, Axel Strauss
- Viola: Doris Lederer, Katherine Murdock, Ira Weller
- Cello: Jerry Grossman, Dmitry Kouzov, Joel Krosnick, Barbara Mallow,
- Piano: Jane Coop, Qing Jiang, Ieva Jokubaviciute, Robert McDonald, Matti Raekaillo
7:30 – 9:00 Breakfast
9:00 – 10:30 Rehearsal
10:30 – 12:00 Rehearsal
12:00 – 1:00 Lunch
1:00 – 4:00 Coachings
4:00 – 5:30 Rehearsal
5:30 – 6:30 Dinner
6:30 – 8:00 Rehearsal
How to Apply: 2017 Young Artist Chamber Music Program
DEADLINE FEB. 1st
(Students who wish to attend must be at least 18 years of age by June 15 in order to attend.)