Summer passes quickly in Maine, at Kneisel Hall summer flies by in a blink. Saturday is the first Young Artist Concert – the halfway point in the season. From the music pouring out of the studios – this year’s concerts will be as spectacular as in prior years. If you love chamber music these concerts are for you. Our doors are wide open, we welcome you and they are free!
Artistic Director Seymour Lipkin is performing Mozart’s Concerto K. 595 at the Mostly Mozart Festival in the San Francisco Bay area next week. You are invited to his run through Tuesday night 7:30 in the Hall (no admission charged).
If you missed Seymour Lipkin’s talk “How to Listen to a Sonata” there is still a chance. The evening was recorded and you can hear it on the website kneisel.org.
Warmest thanks to:
Zach and Laurel Martin who gave Kneisel an exquisite Steinway piano. They can be assured the piano will be constantly used and deeply appreciated.
Bundy Boit who presented the Kneisel Hall library with the transcribed diaries of her pianist grandmother Kate Hull Bundy, who at one time played for Franz Kneisel.
We hope to see you soon and often at Kneisel Hall,
Kneisel Hall This Week July 13 – July 19, 2015
Monday, July 13 7:30 p.m.: Master class, Florence Millet piano Concert Hall
Tuesday, July 14 4:30 p.m.: Chamber music at Parker Ridge
Tuesday, July 14 7:30 p.m.: Lipkin Mozart concerto K. 595 play-through Concert Hall
Wednesday, July 4:30 p.m.: Children’s concert Blue Hill Library
Thursday, July 16 7:30 p.m.: Master class, violinist Katie Lansdale Concert Hall
Friday, July 17 9:00 a.m.: Open Rehearsal Festival Concert, Concert Hall
Friday, July 17 7:30 p.m.: Festival Concert, Concert Hall
Saturday, July 18 7:30 p.m.: Young Artist Concert (rep will be on the website) Concert Hall
Sunday, July 19 4:00 p.m.: Festival Concert, Concert Hall
Friday, July 17 and Sunday, July 19
Schubert: Sonatina for violin and piano in A minor, D. 385
Laurie Smukler, Seymour Lipkin
Kaija Saarihoi: Tocar for violin and piano
David Bowlin, Florence Millet
Brahms: Sonata for cello and piano No. 1 E minor, Op. 38
Joel Krosnick, Seymour Lipkin
Dohnanyi: Piano Quintet No. 2, E flat minor, Op. 26
David Bowlin, Laurie Smukler, Doris Lederer, Dmitry Kouzov, Florence Millet
This week’s artisan is florist Cullen Schneider; our intermission host is chocolatier Black Dinah.
IT’S! Kneisel Hall is a new program for high school students. Five tickets are available for high school students to attend Kneisel Hall concerts FOR FREE on Friday nights. Students just have to call (374 2203) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make a reservation. Pass the word to all teenagers.
Dates to Remember:
- July 13: master class Florence Millet
- July 14: Lipkin Mozart concerto play-through
- July 16: master class Katie Lansdale
- July 23 7:30 p.m.: Seymour Lipkin Mozart K. 595, Stanford Univ, CA
- July 24 8:00 p.m.: Seymour Lipkin Mozart K. 595, San Francisco Conservatory, CA
- July 26 7:00 p.m.: Seymour Lipkin Mozart K. 595, 1st Congo Church Berkeley CA
- August 10: master class, Jonathan Crow
- August 3: master class Jane Coop
- August 5: KH/Bill McGlauglin @ Reach DI
- August 6: master class Jerry Grossman
- April 16, 2016 A Far Cry Benefit for KH NYC
Gregory C. Carroll Young Artist Concerts
(54 pieces of the chamber music literature)
- July 18, Saturday,7:30 p.m.
- July 20, Monday 2:00 p.m. & 7:30 p.m.
- July 21, Tuesday 2:00 p.m. & 7:30 p.m.
- August 12, Wednesday: 7:30 p.m.
- August 13, Thursday 2:00 p.m. & 7:30 p.m.
- August 15, Saturday 2:00 p.m. & 7:30 p.m.
Kneisel Hall Campus, 137 Pleasant Street (Rt. 15) Blue Hill, ME
Kneisel Hall business office 36 Main Street Blue Hill, ME
Kneisel Hall: www.kneisel.org 207.374.2203 email@example.com
In order to make each summer a reality we depend upon donations from those who “love great music beautifully played”. To donate click here.